We're excited that you are interested in joining one of our Adult or Children’s offerings! Our studio was born from the love of sewing and the desire to share this wonderful skill and art form with others. This love is the threads of our business and you'll feel and see that in every class you take and the instructors you have. We hope you'll find our studio to be a safe place for creativity, expression and for you to be you!
Please read below fully before registering. Please note that as of 6/1/20 our standard Policies went back into effect.
- Sewing Courses max with seven so students receive the personal attention they need to have a successful sewing experience.
- Creative Arts Workshops max with eleven students.
- The studio opens about 5 – 10 minutes before each scheduled class. Please do not enter the studio more than 10 minutes before your class start time.
- To cultivate creativity, foster group learning and interaction we are a device free studio. Please do not use phones during studio time unless taking photos of projects or sharing other images of art.
- Many of our classes have prerequisites, make sure to those review those before registering.
- When signing up for a course session you are committing to all the classes in the session. Please make all efforts to attend each class. This allows for the class to run more smoothly for everyone.
- It is the registrants responsibility to fully read the description for the course they are registering for and know what they are singing up for.
- We provide a creative and educational learning experience that is nurturing, fun and friendly. We encourage creativity, exploration, group learning and support of peers.
- Once registered for a course students should check their e-mails for class related correspondences that contain information pertaining to their class.
Prerequisites:- It is the registrants responsibility to fully read the class description for the course they are registering for. At the bottom of each course description registrants can find what the prerequisites are for that course.
-Most classes have prerequisites or ask students to have previous equivalent experience before enrolling. This enables students to gain a solid foundation in skill appropriate courses.
- It is the registrants responsibility to make sure they meet all prerequisites. For those not sure what class to join, please call us at 508-446-4406 and we will help to place you in the right course.
-Reimbursement is not given to those who register for a course that they don't meet the prerequisites.
- Online: We accept all major credit cards for online purchases and registrations.
- In Studio: We accept cash or check for purchases and registrations made in the studio.
- There is a minimum credit card purchase of $35.
-Material fee is brought to the first class and paid to the instructor.
- Payment and registration is due at time of registration and will reserve your space in the course. Please register early to avoid a class filling.
Refunds, Credits, Missed Classes:
-Withdrawal or class transfers made for any reason 14 or more days prior to the start day of your Course or Lesson will result in a 75% credit toward another course or workshop that must be redeemed within six months of being issued.
-No credit or class transfer will be issued for a withdrawal made within 13 days of the class start date.
- If a promo or discount is won/given and applied toward a course/workshop it is non transferable and can not be redeemed toward other offerings if student cancels out of course/workshop.
-Payment for adult Creative Arts Workshops is non-refundable. If a Creative Arts Workshop is cancelled due to severe weather conditions then a credit for the amount paid will be held toward a future offering.
-Payment is non-refundable for classes students miss.
-We cover a lot in our multi-week sewing sessions and each class builds upon the class beforehand. Because so much is covered in each class, it is important to make all efforts to attend each class in your session and complete 'at home' work if required. If a class is missed or 'at home work' is not completed for those that require it there is no guarantee you will finish the class project.
- Please let us know if you will be missing a class, in rare cases we may be able to accommodate a class make-up. Class make-ups are not guaranteed and often not an option.
-Withdrawal for any reason made 14 or more days prior to the start day of Kids Sewing or Art Course or Workshop will result in a 75% credit toward another course or workshop that must be redeemed within six months of issue.
-No credit will be issued for a withdrawal made within 13 days class start date.
-We do not offer make-up classes for Children’s offerings.
-Payment is nonrefundable for classes students miss.
- It is expected that children follow instruction and conduct themselves in a safe, focused manner.
-If a behavioral issue arises the student will be spoken to. If the issue does not resolve the parent or guardian will be notified. At this time if the issue cannot be resolved the child will have to be pulled from the course and reimbursement is not granted.
- We offer multi-level kids classes and all children learn at different speeds. Not all children will be ready to move on to a higher level. If that is the case and your child is signed up for a course above their skill level an e-mail will be sent with other class suggestions that are more in line with your child's skill level.
- Not all children can focus for the full class time. In a situation such as this the parent or guardian will be notified.
Class Cancellations / Inclement Weather/ Bump Back:
Sometimes in rare circumstances due to weather, sickness, etc. course schedules may change. In cases like these an e-mail will be sent out as late as the day of the class. It is the registrants responsibility to read the e-mail on class date adjustments. Please see below for details.
- If a course needs to be bumped up or back the studio reserves the right to do so. If a course needs to be adjusted by more than one week and the adjustment no longer works for students schedule they can choose to be reimbursed via original payment, use the credit toward another offering or hold a credit that is redeemable for six months after issue.
- If a class in a course session needs to be cancelled for any reason the course will extend the length of the original course dates by one week. Each course is allotted a make-up date that will cause the course to extend the length of the original course dates by one week. We are not responsible if you can not make the make-up date. No credit or reimbursement will be issued if you can not make the make-up date.
- If a class/workshop needs to be bumped back all registrants will be contacted and asked if they can attend the new dates. If registrants say yes to the new dates, the registrant has five days to reach studio if they become unavailable for the new dates. After five days all other policies apply.
- Living in New England it is especially important to recognize that between Nov. 1st and April 1st there is a strong possibility we could have a class weather cancellation. If is class is cancellated due to weather you will be issued a credit of amount paid that can be used within six months of issue date toward another class or workshop.
- If for any reason, other than weather, The Creative Sewing Studio needs to cancel a course and payment has already been submitted students can choose to be reimbursed via original payment, use the credit toward another offering or hold a credit that is redeemable for six months after issue.
- If registrants are issued a class credit for any reason it needs to be redeemed within six months of being issued, after which it will expire. Credits cannot be combined with promotional discounts, are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash value. Credits can not be used for Gift Certificates.
-If reimbursement or partial reimbursement is administered for any reason it will be issued using the original payment method. If a credit card was used and is no longer active for any reason, students will receive a studio credit to be used within six months of issuing. Credit can not be used on Gift Certificates.
Sometimes we offer discount promotions through our website or facebook page.
Discounts may not be combined, cannot be redeemed for cash value are nontransferable and are void when expired. Gift Certificates are non-refundable. We do not honor discounts through third parties. Only promos/discounts given directly through The Creative Sewing Studio are valid. We do not keep Gift Certificates on file. Use the code on your Gift Certificate to redeem dollar amount at check out.
- We foster a creative, supportive, nurturing and friendly environment. We offer patience and respect and expect that in return. Poor behavior toward instructors and other students is unacceptable.
- Disruptive, rude or endangering behavior is not acceptable and instructors reserve the right to pull students from class. If a student is dismissed based on disruptive or endangering behavior a credit will not be issued.
Left Behind Projects or Items:
If projects/items are left at the studio for more than one month we will assume they are no longer wanted. After one month they will be donated or re-purposed. The studio is not responsible for left behind items.
* Please no food, candy or beverages are allowed in the studio sewing room except water.
* Please be respectful of others and do not use your phone during the lessons. If there is an emergency please feel free step outside the work room to use the phone.
* Because of limited space and to prevent accidents personal belongings are not allowed in the sewing studio. You can keep jackets, purses, scarves, etc. in one of the rooms adjacent to the sewing studio or items can be left in your vehicle. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.