Sewing Patterns 102
Do you love sewing with patterns and want to become more comfortable, expand your knowledge and create more craft and accessory sewing projects? If so, then this intermediate sewing patterns is the course for you! Whether you've recently taken our Sewing Patterns 101 Course or are coming in with previous experience you'll learn 'sew' much more! This course will expand your skills learned and provide you with more experience reading sewing patterns, cutting sewing patterns, and understanding the terminology and symbols used.
Like the Sewing Patterns 101 Course you will have several supplied Simplicity, McCall’s or Butterick store bought sewing patterns to choose from. Projects range from aprons to handbags to stuffed animals to organizers to baby clothing and more! In addition to enhancing your skills, students will learn how to use zippers, bias tape, padding, elastic and how to make ruffles. With several patterns to choose from you can take this intermediate sewing patterns course over and over to gain more confidence and try working with different patterns.
Goals Of This Intermediate Sewing Patterns Course:
- Become more comfortable and confident reading sewing patterns
- Become more comfortable sewing with Simplicity, McCall's and Butterick patterns
- Gain experience working with three dimensional projects
- Learn to work with bias tape, padding, elastic and zippers
- Learn to create ruffles and work with magnetic snaps
- Learn how to work with webbing, gliders and sliders
- Learn how to apply topstitching with a twin needle
- Become more familiar with terminology used in patterns
- Learn about different types of fabric that would be best for your projects
- Will learn several tips that will make the whole sewing process much easier
- A sewing pattern
- Project to take home
- List of sewing terminology
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information about batting, padding and interfacing
- Information and visuals regarding different needles and when to use them
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Course Cost: $155 + $13 supply fee brought to the first class is applied toward sewing tools, pattern, thread and use of tracing paper and wheels if needed. It does not cover the cost of fabric or notions. In our first class we will discuss what fabric you will need to bring to your second class. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.
Depending on what pattern you choose there may be some out of class work needed.