Our Sewing 101 Course is a continuation of our Sewing 100 Course . Whether you are coming in with previous experience or just finished our Sewing 100, this course will expand your current skills and teach you how to work with sewing patterns. This dynamic introductory patterns course is great for those who want to learn to work with store bought patterns! It will provide you with a solid foundation in reading and cutting sewing patterns as well as understanding the terminology and symbols used. By utilizing Simplicity patterns students will choose one of six different pre-selected accessory or craft projects to create.
Goals Of This Sewing 101 Course:
- Learn how to select store bought patterns
- Discuss language, symbols and how to read sewing patterns
- Learn about the grain of the fabric and technique for cutting sewing patterns
- Discuss symbols and shapes on patterns in relation to putting pattern pieces together
- Learn about different types of fabric that would be best for your projects
- Discuss thread, needles and pins in relation to your project and fabric
- Learn more about stitch length, machine tension and different kinds of needles
- Will learn several tips that will make the whole sewing process much easier
- A pattern
- Project to take home
- List of sewing terminology
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information and visuals regarding different needles and when to use them
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Class Cost: $178 + $15 pattern fee. It does not cover the cost of fabric. In our first class we will discuss what fabric you will need to bring to your second class. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee. Instructor: Mikala Cash * There may be up to one of hour of out of class time needed between classes.
Prerequisite: Sewing 100 or equivalent experience
View our Sewing 101 Course Facebook album here to see what other students have created!