Sewing 100 (Beginner Course)
~ Welcome To The Wonderful World Of Sewing! ~ We have taught over 4,000 folks, just like you how to sew!! We specialize in making sewing fun, easy and enjoyable while creating in a modern and vibrant studio. Whether you are a complete newbie or it's been years, even decades we promise you will learn and fall in love with sewing and become "Sew Addicted". Within your five week course you will learn machine safety and preservation, how to operate a sewing machine, learn machine safety and how to make two really great beginner projects, pillows and fully lined tote bags.
Whether you are completely new to sewing or is been a long time since being on the machine this class will provide you with a weather of information and give you a solid foundation to begin your sewing journey!
Goals Of This Beginner Sewing Course:
- Learn how to select store bought patterns
- Learn to sew store bought patterns
- Discuss language, symbols and how to read sewing patterns
- Learn about the grain of the fabric and technique for cutting sewing patterns
- Discuss symbols and shapes on patterns in relation to putting pattern pieces together
- Learn about different types of fabric that would be best for your projects
- Discuss thread, needles and pins in relation to your project and fabric
- Learn to work with bias tape, padding, elastic and magnetic snaps
- Will learn several tips that will make the whole sewing process much easier
- Tote Bags
- Instructions to make both
- List of sewing terminology
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information and visuals regarding different needles and when to use them
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Class Cost: $155 + $20 supply fee brought to the first class is applied toward pillow, tote bag, sewing tools and supplies. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.