Sewing 100 (Beginner Sewing Classes)
Start your sewing journey with us! Our Sewing 100 Courses are the perfect beginner sewing classes to provide you with an educational and fun learning experience. These basic sewing classes are for students with little to no sewing machine experience and will give you a solid foundation and the knowledge to jump start you into a world of endless creativity! In these beginner sewing classes you will learn how to use a sewing machine, learn how to sew, and learn about various sewing tools and fabrics.
During this beginner sewing course students will become more comfortable using a sewing machine while creating two great projects. Examples of projects students may sew are cowl scarves, throw pillows and basic tote bags. There will be dozens of wonderful fabric styles, designs, patterns and colors to choose from.
Goals Of Our Beginner Sewing Courses:
- To provide a solid foundation and understanding of the world of sewing
- Learn how to thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin
- Learn about the different types of thread, needles and pins
- Learn how to change the needle on a sewing machine
- Discuss machine preservation and safety
- Cover the basics of several important sewing tools
- Learn basic stitch techniques
- Briefly talk about different kinds of fabrics
- Learn how to make an envelop style pillow sham and fully lined tote bag
- Learn several tips that will make the whole sewing process much easier
- Two completed projects
- Instructions for both
- List of beginner terms
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Class Cost: $150 + $20 material fee brought to the first class in the form of cash or check is applied to supplies for both projects created. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.
Prerequisite: None needed