Do you love entertaining? How about decorating your home with seasonal, festive or personalized table runners, table clothes and placemats?
If so, then this Home Entertaining course could be perfect for you! Whether you've recently completed one of our Sewing Patterns 101 Courses or are coming in with previous experience you'll learn 'sew' much more and have fun while doing so! This course will expand your sewing skills, reinforce your understanding of working with an array of stabilizers and provide you instruction on how to create a wonderful set for your dinning room, kitchen or backyard table. We'll start with placemats and you'll have your choice of creating a table cloth or table runner.
- A minimum or two completed projects
- List of sewing terminology
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information about batting, padding and interfacing
- Information regarding different needles and when to use them
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Course Cost: $105 It does not cover the cost of fabric or notions. In our first class we will discuss what fabric you will need to bring to your second class. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.
There will be some out of class work needed to complete projects.